The Culprit Club is independent art gallery and retail store in Fortitude Valley, Brisbane. Our motive is motivation. We aim to exhibit the best and the worst from Australia's creative counterparts with no restriction or regulation.
We’re currently taking applications for a communications and graphic design intern.
Successful interns will assist the Creative Director in marketing and communication processes including blog writing (covering creative news, event and artist profiles) content creation/research, and social media marketing.
As we are a small, independent and creative-minded business, our marketing process is fun, organic and idea driven. This is not a ad-hoc, social-media scheduling role, so you must be confident, innovative and willing to put ideas forward.
We’re looking for a commitment to a minimum of at least 1 day per week, with availability to work within our studio in Fortitude Valley, Brisbane for at least 2 months. Working hours are flexible (Wednesday-Sunday).
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- A student or recent graduate of design, digital media, communications, creative industries, journalism or public relations
- Any creative individual with first hand experience in creative communications and marketing
- Someone with an interest and passion for the creative industries
- Someone with an understanding of all social media platforms, Adobe Illustrator, photoshop and indesign
- Polished writing skills, (bonus points for published blog experience)
- Knowledge of graffiti culture and process will be HIGHLY regarded
HOW TO APPLY
If this opportunity is right up your alley, send your resume and portfolio (or weblink examples of your work) to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Your name – Culprit Club internship application’ as the subject line.
Please apply with your CV and cover letter, including your availability.
Applications close October 31.
* This is an unpaid internship
* Intern will be required to supply their own computer, however studio space/wifi/aircon/desk area etc will be provided
* Internship can be accredited to any relevant study requirements / subjects