- THE CULPRIT CLUB IN HOUSE ARTIST RESIDENCY -
What is the residency?
The Culprit Club (In House) Artist Residency provides a unique opportunity for artists to step away from their usual working environment for a period of time to focus intensely on their specific creative project in a new space that helps to flourish and formulate new ideas and creative focus.
How does it work?
For the period of allocated time, the artist will take over The Culprit Club and occupy the space, utilising it as a working office/creative studio. During this time, the store and gallery element of The Culprit Club are closed to the public, and the space is handed over exclusively to the artist for their personal use.
The artist can choose to keep the space opened, or closed to public viewing.
The artist will occupy the space at their leisure Monday – Wednesday each week for the duration of their residency.
One Month Residency – (Monday - Wednesday) $90 per week
Two Month Residencies - (Monday - Wednesday) $75 per week
What are the perks?
Why is using our space better than your home office?
It’s fun, it’s motivating and it’s collaborative! We want to share our space, our network and our experience to help the progression and production of local art, and help local creatives to find success in the Brisbane art industry.
Included with the use of the space is:
- 24-hour access (during the allocated time Monday – Wednesday)
- Promotion of work through The Culprit Club online social networks and affiliated media contacts
- Medium sized desk/table + additional counter desk space
- Secure Wi-Fi connection
- Storage for supplies
- Air conditioning
- Computer/laptop HD display screen
- Vast networking opportunities
- Discounts on The Culprit Club art products
Artists are invited to bring their own supplies such as easels, tablets, Wacoms etc.
Artists can also utilise the external laneway area for meetings and additional outdoor space to create works.
Who should apply?
- Open to both established and emerging artists
- Open to local and interstate artists
- Artists looking for an affordable creative workspace/studio
- Artists looking for support in advertising and exhibiting
- Artists looking to break into the Brisbane creative network
- Artists looking to create a new body of work
- Writers, students, makers, painters, creators
Why we’re offering a residency:
The Culprit Club was born from creative frustration, artistic adoration and a hollaback history of good and bad decisions. Our motive is motivation. We aim to exhibit and work alongside the best of Australia's creative counterparts. The art we advertise needs no restriction or regulation. Our intention is to create and collaborate, accept and expand, educate and inform to provide the Brisbane community with the creative culture it's yearning for.
The Culprit Club is our heart and home. We’re excited to open the doors to new artists and opportunities.
How to Apply:
Send an email introducing yourself, your work and your reason for applying for The Culprit Club (In House) Artist Residency to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be sure to include a link to your online portfolio, or attached examples of your previous work.
Please also include the duration of residency you are applying for (1 or 2 months) and the month/months that are your ideal preference for 2016/2017, (e.g. January and February 2017).